International Student Application Process

Check out our lovely new infographic, to help you with the online application process, to study English at Eurospeak!

Eurospeak International Student Application Process

Remember, if you have any problems or need any help, contact us directly on:

B1 Test

B1 Exams – A Guide

“Do I need to take the B1 exam?”

We cannot give immigration advice, and we do not know your situation. The B1 Exam is valid for citizenship and ILR (indefinite leave to remain applications). Please speak to your lawyer or immigration advisor to see if you need to take the exam.

“Is the certificate/exam acceptable by the UKBA?”

Yes. The qualification is on the Ofqual register, and is acceptable by the UKBA for visa applications.

“When is the next exam?”

We run the exams every weekend, on either Saturday or Sunday.

Our next dates are: Sunday 15th February and Saturday 21st February.

“How long does the exam take?”

The exam takes 25 minutes in total, and consists of Speaking and Listening. Although the exam takes 25 minutes, you will need to be at the venue for around 1 hour.

“What is the format of the exam?”

  1. Candidates sit one-to-one with the examiner and the examiner asks questions relating to an audio track. The candidate should answer verbally.
  2. The candidate and the examiner will act out a role play of an everyday scenario.
  3. Up to 4 candidates will have an informal discussion together, on a topic given by the examiner.

“When do I get the result?”

The result will come in 10 working days for standard exams.

“Will I know the result on the day?”

No. We only find out the result when we receive the certificate.

“Do I need to take classes?”

No, if your English is good enough, you can just take the exam.

“Do you have any practice material?”

Yes, we can email you some sample exam material with practice questions and sample videos.

“Can you do any discount on the price?”

We can do discount for referrals. If you can refer a friend or family member, we will give them a discount of £10.

“Who is the awarding body?”

The awarding body is called National Open College Network (NOCN), and their exam is on the Ofqual register, and therefore, valid by the UKBA for ILR & citizenship applications.

Update: We no longer run the B1 Exam at Eurospeak, due to changes made by the UKVI from November 5th 2015. To book your B1 Exam Preparation class, please click here.

English Courses eurospeak Life in Reading Reading Study Abroad Summer School Uncategorized

Studying at Eurospeak – Visas & Immigration

Do I need a visa to study at Eurospeak?

If you are from one of the 28 countries in the European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) then you do not need a visa to study English at Eurospeak.

Please find a list of these countries here.

If you are from outside of the EU and the EEA, you need a visa to study English with us at Eurospeak.

Which type of visa do I need?

Up to 6 months study: Student Visitor Visa
6 to 11 months study: Extended Student Visitor Visa

 What documents do I need to apply for a Student Visitor Visa?

1. The completed application form.

2. A valid passport (or travel document).

3. Two passport sized colour photographs.

4. Visa Letter from Eurospeak – you will receive this from us after you have paid your complete fee.

5. Evidence of money to support yourself – you must have enough money to pay for living costs without working (bank statements or payslips).

How much does the visa cost?

The current application fee is:

Student Visitor Visa: £83
Extended Student Visitor Visa: £150

How long does it take to get the visa?

You should get your visa within 3 weeks.

For more information, check information about Student Visitor Visas on the UK Government website.

If you would like to study with us, please complete our online application form here: Eurospeak Application Form, or contact us on: