Encouraging digital competences for VET Learners in Europe” or “ENDIGI_VET”, is a project with the aim of contributing to the social integration of VET learners who lack basic digital competences. The project focuses on groups that have been left behind in terms of technologies and, even though they are studying, they have no motivation to take courses that allow them to acquire basic digital skills.
The lack of this type of skills is even more important in groups that are in situations of social exclusion, where they face several difficulties such as the economic one (long-term unemployment), the social one (lack of access to contact with family and friends) and the personal development one (less independence to manage in current life and make all kinds of efforts, etc.).
The project aims to promote training in basic digital competences among the VET learners who have no prior knowledge or interest. The project does so through the development of a motivational methodology and educational materials that follow this methodology; all with the aim that a greater number of VET learners access and complete the training in digital skills.
The Target Groups
VET learners who have no prior knowledge or interest in digital competences. Specially groups who are in a situation of social exclusion, where they face several difficulties to integrate in today’s society, both on a personal level and in terms of completing their studies and searching for a job.
The general objective of this project is to improve the level of digital competence of these groups to guarantee the completion of their studies and avoid their social and labor exclusion.
To achieve this general objective, the following specific objectives are proposed
- Identify the reasons that prevent or hinder the access of VET learners to training in basic digital competences and what the strategies used by guidance and training professionals are.
- Develop a motivational methodology to reach VET learners during the orientation and training phases.
- Develop an online course aimed at guidance and teaching professionals to share and disseminate the motivation methodology created.
- Test the online course and the methodology among the project partners and collaborating entities or professionals to test it and improve it.
- Develop a course of basic digital skills that is framed within a curriculum that adapts the Foundation level of DigComp and that follows the guidelines of the motivation methodology.
- Carry out 4 pilot courses to test and improve the course with the feedback received.
- Reach a greater number of people so that they are interested, register and complete the basic digital skills course.
Project Results (Intellectual Outputs)
IO1: A course in motivation methodology that will be offered to counsellors and trainers.
IO2: A course in basic digital competences aimed at VET learners. The course will make use of the developed motivation methodology and of the curriculum developed and adapted to the circumstances of the target group of the project. It will also be based on the Foundation level of the European DigComp framework.
ENDIGI-VET brings together 4 organizations from 4 different countries:
- FTSI (Spain)
- IEK AKMI (Greece)
- Eurospeak Language School (UK)
- Synthesis (Cyprus)
Start date: 1st of March 2021
End date: 28th of February 2023
ENDIGI-VET – Encouraging digital competences for VET learners in Europe
Follow us on Facebook
And stay tuned for more ENDIVI-VET news!