SOCIAL CALENDAR SOUTHAMPTON
We organise regular, inexpensive social activities for our students, as part of our commitment to helping students improve their English in natural environments during their time in the UK.
We understand that many of our students have families and social lives, and we try to organise our activities at suitable times for everyone.
Keep a look out for our social activities posted up around the school. We will also announce our social activities in your class, to remind you!
There are many places which you can visit from Southampton, see a short list below:
Salisbury and Stonehenge
- Visit Salisbury
- Things to do: see one of the most famous British landmarks in the world!
- 30 minutes by train; £10 per person
- Cost of Stonehenge tickets: £15.75 per person (group ticket)
- Visit Bournemouth
- Things to do: Beach, nature reserve, harbour
- 29 minutes by train; £10 per person
- Visit Bath
- Things to do: Roman baths, old architecture, historic sites, Pulteney Bridge, The Abbey
- 85 minutes by train; £28 per person
- Visit Bristol
- Things to do: Clifton suspension bridge, Avon gorge, River Avon
- 100 minutes by train; £33 per person
- Visit Winchester
- Things to do: 2 castles, 1 cathedral
- 15 minutes by train; £6 per person
- Visit Brighton
- Things to do: Pavilion, pier, marina
- 180 minutes by train; £35 per person
- Visit London
- Things to do: Camden Market, Portobello Market, Science Museum, The Shard, London Zoo, Regent’s Park, St. James’ Park, Royal Albert Hall, Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Covent Garden, The Southbank, Greenwich Park, Royal Observatory, Cutty Sark
- 90 minutes by train; £40 per person (for a day travelcard)