SOCIAL CALENDAR READING
We organise regular, inexpensive social activities for our students, as part of our commitment to helping students improve their English in natural environments during their time in the UK.
We understand that many of our students have families and social lives, and we try to organise our activities at suitable times for everyone.
Keep a look out for our social activities posted up around the school. We will also announce our social activities in your class, to remind you!
There are many places which you can visit from Reading. Please see a short list below:
- Visit Stonehenge
- Things to do: see one of the the most famous British landmarks in the world!
- 90 minutes by private bus – this needs to be booked in advance; price: around £30 per person
- Cost of Stonehenge tickets: £15.75 per person (group ticket)
- Visit Bath
- Things to do: Roman baths, old architecture, historic sites, Pulteney Bridge, The Abbey
- 60 minutes by train; £40 per person
- Visit Bristol
- Things to do: Clifton suspension bridge, Avon gorge, River Avon
- 60 minutes by train; £45 per person
- Visit Oxford
- Things to do: Bodleian library, Radcliffe camera, Christchurch college (Hogwarts Hall), Christchurch meadows
- 25 minutes by train; £8 per person
- Visit Bournemouth
- Things to do: Beach, nature reserve, harbour
- 90 minutes by train; £18 per person
- Visit Winchester
- Things to do: 2 castles, 1 cathedral
- 45 minutes by train; £15 per person
- Visit Brighton
- Things to do: Pavilion, pier, marina
- 150 minutes by train; £35 per person
- Visit London
- Things to do: Camden Market, Portobello Market, Science Museum, The Shard, London Zoo, Regent’s Park, St. James’ Park, Royal Albert Hall, Tower Bridge, Big Ben, Covent Garden, The Southbank, Greenwich Park, Royal Observatory, Cutty Sark
- 30 minutes by train; £20 per person (for a day travelcard)
- Visit Henley
- Things to do: River Museum, River Thames, Henley Bridge, Grey’s Court
- 32 minutes by train; £5 per person
- Visit Dinton Pastures
- Things to do: 3 lakes, large forest with pathways, nature, birds, picnic areas
- 9 minutes by train (to Winnersh), and 10-minute walk from Winnersh Train Station; £3.50 per person
Note: We are not running any social activities atleast till September 2021 due to COVID-19. The situation would be reviewed again in September 2021.