Southampton has so much to offer!
- Southampton Central Railway Station has three trains an hour to London Waterloo. Two of these take approximately 1 h 20 min.
- Southampton is the largest city of the county Hampshire, with a population of around 250.000. Hampshire has breathtaking coastline and a beautiful countryside. And beautiful cities such as Portsmouth, the New Forest and Winchester.
- Port of Southampton is the cruise capital of the UK. Taking a cruise is very fun, with no confusing restrictions on hand baggage, unlimited cabin baggage, and you can take you car with you (if you have one).
- You can travel by ferry to the Isle of Wight. The Isle of Wight Car Ferry is by far the most popular way for a family to this Island.
- Southampton has many green spaces, including Southampton Common, a large green space in the outskirts of the city. Green spaces are great for running sports, relaxing and studying.
- The most famous ship, the “Titanic” departed from Southampton port in 1912.
- The Westquay Shopping Centre in Southampton has more than 100 shops, a large iMax cinema and a huge variety of restaurants, with food from all over the world.
- You can find beautiful parks in the heart of the Southampton. Two of them are next to Eurospeak Southampton, East Park and Watts Park.
- Southampton has one of the ranked top 100 of universities of the world, the University of Southampton.
- In the heart of the city is the beautiful Cultural Quarter which has fantastic architecture, museums and statues.
- Southampton offers amazing boat tour down to the river and the original “Go Ape Experience”.
- Southampton has its own football team, and St. Mary’s Stadium, the biggest stadium in the Southern England.
Explore Eurospeak Southampton through the eyes of our students & interns!
The video was created for Eurospeak by Paula, Moraine & Svenja.